This Friday, the new Machine Learning regular’s table will meet for the first time at c-base.
Daniel Nouri will give a talk in which you will learn about recent developments around deep neural networks, with a focus on convolutional neural networks, which have enabled huge improvements in the state of the art of image classification. We will discuss:
- tricks that enabled the breakthrough of ConvNets, which were originally conveiced in the 1980s
- how using deep neural nets compares to traditional image recognition; applications, advantages and drawbacks
- good ways for you to get started with ConvNets; an overview of available open source implementations
- tips for training train deep neural nets effectively
The talk will be approximately 45 minutes long. There will be plenty of time to discuss questions about not only the talk but about our new Berlin machine learning group in general: what are our goals, how often do we meet and when, what subjects do we want to hear about etc.
If you’re interested in machine learning, you shouldn’t miss this event 😉
- Friday (07.03.14) evening, 7 pm
- c-base space station – mainhall
Hope to meet you there!