Starting Friday May 22 till Sunday May 24 freifunk.net, c-base and the German community invite you to the „Freifunk Wireless Community Weekend“ at the c-base space station in Berlin.
Proposed presentations include:
- open spectrum in Europe and partners
- topics CMS for mesh networks via distributed hash tables
- decentralised earch engines for mesh networks
- 6mesh implementations with IPv6
- multicasting in mesh networks
- OpenWrt and the upcoming release Kamikaze
- new Freifunk Firmware
- villagetelco and open telephony in local networks
- fpga on openpattern devices and updates for hardware
- wireless open mesh box project
- freifunk-vpn software developements, connecting the virtual public freifunk network
- freifunk/google summer of code
- olsrd and problems with fisheye, timingproblems and co
As in previous years, we will provide open spaces for the community in the c-base to discuss and work on projects. Later at night we will have a number of special guests in the evening presenting the latest creative commons hits and of course the legendary freifunk BBQ.
Background: Since 2003 the Freifunk community organises the Wireless Community Weekend during spring in Berlin. Attracting the brightest from the wireless network community the Freifunk Community Weekend has established itself as a trendsetter in the wireless world. While focusing on the community participants also come from research institutes like the Fraunhofer Institute and T-System Labs as well as from commercial actors. The event brings together more than 300 participants coming from Europe and around the world (http://global.freifunk.net). Besides the strong community in Germany participants include free wireless projects from South Africa (Meraka Institute), China (Wireless Student Network), Spain (guifi.net), Switzerland (Schweiz Wireless), Austria (funkfeuer.net), Italy (ninux.org), Russia (St. Petersburg), Denmark (Djursland.net) and the Netherlands.